Thursday, March 19, 2009

One Laptop per Child

Hi everyone, I hope your break is going well! I found the website for the One Laptop Per Child program that we were talking about in section last week and I thought I would share it in case anyone else wanted to learn more about it. Basically, what the program is trying to do is to be able to give a laptop to every child in poorer countries in order to give them hope for the future. The website also shows pictures of more advanced versions of the laptop that they are planning to give out. One fact that I found interesting was that in many countries, less then $20 is spent on a child's education per year. This is a huge difference from the $7,500 spent each child in America per year. But, hopefully, with this program, children in poorer countries can become better educated than they were in the past.

Here is the website for this program: http://laptop.org/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment