Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MIS

My most interesting sentance from the readings is in "Better Together". It is stating that one of a citizen's first acts in their new community is to get a library card. It says, "They can get one even if they do not speak English, and they do not have to prove anything except that they live in Chicago." This sentance isn't very broad and may not jump out to most people who read this article, but it is interesting to me because I appreciate that anybody has the right to visit and utilize this Chicago library. I think it is a perfect resource for those they mention that do not speak English to learn the language and to hopefully make thier new strange community seem more inviting.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is really positive that language barriers do not stop citizens from joining libraries.

    ReplyDelete